"HuntFishTravel Ep 170 - Big Buck Hunting Tactics with Tom Indrebo of Bluff Country Outfitters"
(Psst! Support the show by sharing this episode to facebook/twitter - thank you!!)
Soak up the fantastic info Tom Indrebo delivers in this episode. We cover all sorts of tactics for hunting big bucks, pre-rut, rut and post-rut.
- 3:15 How a buck's personality and habits change from a 1 & 2 year old compared to a 3 & 4 year old
- 9:15 Safety spots/bedrooms and where the big bucks are during the early season.
- 12:00 If you're seeing a bunch of shooter bucks - how to tell if it's the biggest in the area.
- 13:30 breeding cycles and when the big bucks are most vulnerable.
- 14:30 What part of the rut is better for hunting the big bucks.
- 15:00 What time of year to shoot does.
- 16:30 Hunting Hub Scrapes & food sources
- 19:15 Tips for stand placement. And which stand to hunt depending on what time of the year it is.
- 23:00 The truth about hunting the same stand too much.
- 25:30 Can you have too many stands on a property?
- 29:00 deer decoys
- 32:30 Biggest challenge Tom has faced dealing with clients as an outfitter.
- 37:00 Everything's wet - where to hunt?
- 38:30 The two top keys for hunting the late season.
- 43:30 Contributing factors to why Buffalo and Trempealeau Counties produce so many P&Y and B&C trophy bucks.
- 45:45 Hunters from Slovania!
- 46:00 A typical day at Bluff Country Outfitters
- 48:30 Turkey and Other Hunts Offered
- 50:00 Contact info